Where do children go after Mabin?
The large majority of Mabin graduates choose independent schools for Grade 7. Parents and graduating students are guided by our teachers and Transition Coordinator to make the appropriate choice for their next school.
We recognize the transition process can seem overwhelming, so our Transition Coordinator and Grade 6 teachers meet with parents individually, schedule tours with other Mabin students at Grade 7 schools, assist students with the application process, guide the creation of their portfolios, support students who are writing the SSAT and conduct mock interviews with each student.
All of these supports help families have a positive experience with the transition.
Mabin students receive multiple offers from independent schools and thrive in the schools they choose to attend.
Mabin Graduates 2010 – 2016
The Mabin School provides the foundation for a bright future.
Mabin graduates are:
- – Academically prepared to take on challenges at their Grade 7 schools and beyond
- – Confident, reflective, and self-aware
- – Inquisitive and internally driven
- – Critical and divergent thinkers
- – Creative and innovative problem solvers
- – Able to express their opinions clearly to a variety of audiences
- – Enthusiastic and diplomatic leaders
- – Empathetic and caring citizens
- – Aware of the power of community